Varsity Football Registration
Welcome to Skyhawk Nation! Registering is your first step to becoming a Skyhawk. Please take a moment to carefully read all the information and details below regarding our registration.
There are 2 ways you can register:
- Online: Fill out all the necessary boxes on the right hand side. Once you have submitted your registration, you will receive a confirmation email over the next few days explaining next steps. You will be directed to PAYPAL to pay your tryout fees! You can also etransfer us at email@example.com if you prefer. But please note registration is not complete until fee is received.
- In Person – We will be having In-Person registrations over the next few months. If you would rather register in-person please see the dates below:
- Saturday’s February 13 and 27 – 9:30am – 12:00pm
- Saturday’s March 13 and 27 – 9:30am – 12:00pm
2021 Registration Fees
The Varsity and Junior Varsity fees are as follows:
Registration Fee: $50.00 (Non-refundable administration processing fee. This fee is due upon submission of player registration)
**NO OTHER FEES WILL BE COLLECTED UNTIL AFTER THE TEAMS HAVE BEEN SELECTED**
Returning Players: $750.00
New Players: $800.00 (includes game jersey)
Fees include: Player Equipment, Away game Travel (Coach Bus) and Meals, Hudl Account, Player package apparel, Next level coaching and RSR recruiting.
Skyhawks Payment Guidelines
Upon notification of successfully making the team, it is required by all families to select one of the payment options outlined below, to ensure all funds are paid by May 15, 2021. New players will not receive their game jersey until all fees are paid.
The three payment options are as follows:
- Full Payment: payable by Cash, Debit, Credit or Etransfer
- Two Payments: half paid upon notification and the balance due on or before May 15, 2021
- Installment Plan: $200 upon notification, with balance covered over 3 payments, with the last payment received before May 15, 2021.
*Please note if you are paying by VISA their will be a 4% processing fee on top of your payment.
Medical/Waiver Forms & Identification
You will need to print and fill out the Medical History form and Liability Waiver form and will need to be submitted before first tryout.
You will also need to provide proof of ID. It must be a photo ID, i.e. Passport, Drivers License or Health Card) A scanned copy is fine or if registering in person we will take a photocopy when you are registering. *Athletes will not be able to participate until both of these forms have been received to our registrar.
The Quinte Skyhawks are a non-profit organization and to help cover the costs of our program, every family is asked to purchase and sell 10 Season Ticket Coupon sheets to family and friends. All of the money raised goes directly back into the program ensuring the athletes have access to much needed equipment, coaching support and travel funding. The coupon sheets are purchased at the beginning of May which gives every family a number of weeks to sell them before our first home game and recoup their money.
Player withdraw from the program prior to the first game, but after tryouts will be entitled to a refund of season fees. All refund requests must be submitted to the President and Head Coach by email before 5pm of the deadline dates. All equipment/property must be returned in full before a refund will be given.
Before May 15: Amount paid less 50% of total registration fees paid
After May 15: No refund provided
If your child quits after the deadline, you must inform the President and Head Coach by email. No refund of any kind will be given. All equipment/property must be returned when requested to do so or an invoice for their replacement amount will be sent to you. Current estimate of equipment replacement value is $500.
All equipment needed to play will be loaned to each player for the season. A deposit cheque of $500.00 OR Credit Card number is required at the time the player is given equipment. The deposit will be held throughout the season and then destroyed once equipment is returned.
The equipment must be returned clean and must not be altered in any way.
Skyhawks Code of Conduct
Good sportsmanship is viewed as a commitment to fairplay, ethical behaviour and integrity. The ideals of sportsmanship apply to all activity disciplines. Individuals, regardless of their role, are expected to be aware of their influence on the behaviour of others and model good sportsmanship. Both Football Canada and the Ontario Football Conference have established the policy that the game of football be distinguished by the quality and well mannered behaviour of its coaches, players, administrators and fans. The Skyhawks Football Organization request and expects all participants (coaches, players, administrators and fans) to follow and accept the policy through the following Code of Conduct. PLEASE REVIEW OUR CORE COVENANTS which our organization has been founded upon!
- I will remember that young people play sports for their enjoyment, not to entertain us!
- I will respect the game officials decision and will encourage all participants to do the same!
- I will respect and show appreciation to all Skyhawks participants for their commitment and dedication to providing a quality program in representing the Greater Quinte area!
- I will encourage players and coaches to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence!
- I will show respect for my teams opponents because I realize there would be no game without them!
- I will not use bad language and will not harass athletes, coaches, officials or other spectators!
- I will always show good sportsmanship since young people learn best from example!
Please ensure you have read, understand and agree to the Skyhawks Football Organizations core covenants and code of conduct. Completing and submitting our online form means you have read and agreed to the Skyhawks policies outlined above and certify that all the information given is correct.