- Try-out/Evalutaion Camp fees are non-refundable fees and are due at registration for all programs.
- Player withdraw from the program prior to the first game, but after tryouts will be entitled to a refund if they have paid more then $350 towards there fees. All refund requests must be submitted to the President by email before 5pm of the deadline dates. All equipment/property must be returned in full before a refund will be given.
- Before May 15: Amount paid less 50% of total registration fees paid.
- After May 15: No refund provided.
- If your child quits after the deadline, you must inform the President and Head Coach by email. No refund of any kind will be given. All equipment/property must be returned when requested to do so or an invoice for their replacement amount will be sent to you. Current estimate of equipment replacement value is $900.
- In the case of COVID-19, if the season becomes delayed, shorten or cancelled, the Quinte Skyhawks will refund families in accordance of percentage of season remaining.
TRAVEL CODE OF CONDUCT AND POLICY
- Because we travel to our away games via coach buses, the following is a breakdown of responsibilities and accountability for players, managers, parents and coaches.
- Each team’s coaches and staff will determine specific rules for conduct on the bus and will handle any discipline issues with their team that may develop. The following list of actions undertaken by any member of the Skyhawks players while a passenger on the bus, or at an opponent’s facility, shall be deemed as a major incident and as such may be subject to the player(s) not being allowed to continue to ride the bus for future games and will carry a suspension:
- Uttering foul and offensive language will not be tolerated.
- Disrespecting any players, managers, coaches, parents or bus driver, whether verbally or physically will not be tolerated.
- Refusing to follow all rules and policies as explained by the coaches and the bus driver.
- Use of Drugs, cannabis, alcohol and /or tobacco and e-cigarettes.
- Departure Rules for Game Days: Parents and players are responsible for notifying the designated team manager if they cannot make the trip or if alternate travel arrangements are being made. This must be communicated to the team manager PRIOR to game day.
- Parents and/or players are required to be at the departure point no later than 30 minutes before departure time. This allows for loading the bus and verifying that all players are present and accounted for.
- Players residing in another community are expected to board buses at the designated pick-up locations
- Equipment Expectation: Players are responsible for having all of their equipment in a bag to be stored in the appropriate storage space on the bus.
- Any personal travel money and personal property is the responsibility of the player.
- Dress code and travel conduct will be set and communicated by the organization, and all players are bound by its rules. Failure to comply can, and will, result in disciplinary action by the organization. Remember that we are representing our cities and communities and must be respectful and considerate of those we are visiting.
- All players must have regard for the equipment borrowed from the Club.
- All players will be issued an equipment release form which will require a parent signature if the athlete is under the age of 18.
- Equipment care is essential in maintaining good quality equipment for you and others to use while participating with Skyhawks Football.
- The average cost of outfitting you with essential and proper fitting safety gear is around $900.00 per athlete. If a player loses any piece of equipment, then they are responsible for the cost of replacing it new!
- “Equipment” means any Quinte Skyhawks equipment that athlete is borrowing for the season.
- All Quinte Skyhawks property must be returned at the date and time scheduled by the Equipment Managers.
- If you are planning on using your own equipment, you will need prior approval and sign-off from the Equipment Manager.
- Players need to report any faulty equipment to their respective coach and to the Equipment Manager.
PLAY TIME AND FEES POLICY
- All fees charged by Quinte Skyhawks are required to operate the programs and goes towards covering the operational costs for each season. Players fees cover about 70% of the cost of our program each year and rely on community sponsors, fundraisers and donations to offset the remaining 30%.
- Football is different then any other sport. We have set players on at specific times. As our goal is to always to have every player find action during the game its sometimes not guaranteed. Playing time for players is based on the descrition of the coaches and decisions are made on a weekly basis based upon performance during practice. Our goal is to develop players and be strong each and every week against our opponents we face.
HAZING AND HARASSING POLICY
- There will be zero tolerance for hazing and harassing within the Skyhawks Organization. Skyhawks Organization promises to treat all complaints seriously, whether they are made informally or formally. We undertake to act on all complaints to ensure that they are resolved quickly, confidentially, and fairly.
- Harassment is defined as comment or conduct (through any medium) directed towards an individual or group, which is offensive, abusive, racist, sexist, degrading or malicious. Hazing refers to any activity expected of someone joining a group (or to maintain full status in a group) that humiliates, degrades or risks emotional and/or physical harm, regardless of the person’s willingness to particitipate.
- Skyhawks celebrates diversity and inclusion will demonstrate respect to individuals regardless of body type, physical characteristics, athletic ability, age, ancestry, colour, race, gender identify, gender expression, sex, or sexual orientation.
DRUG, ALCOHOL, CANNABIS AND TOBACCO POLICY
- Zero tolerance policy will be enforced with respect to players and usage of any of substances on or around our organization, whether on game day, practices, travel, meetings or outings with the team.
The Skyhawks Football is committed to ensure that our young athletes will play in a healthy and safe environment. To ensure the safety and well being of our participants, this Policy applies to all individuals whose position with Skyhawks Football & No Limits Youth Organization is one of trust or authority which may relate to, at a minimum, finances, supervision, or Vulnerable Individuals. Not all individuals associated with the our program will be required to obtain a criminal record check or submit screening documents, including Volunteer Application, because not all positions pose a risk of harm to the organization or to its participants.
Those positions within our organization that require our application process are as follows:
- Team Managers
- Equipment Managers
- Sideline personnel
- Any individual involved in working with our program who occupy positions of trust and/or authority, have a supervisory role, direct others, and who have frequent or unsupervised access to Vulnerable Individuals.
Volunteer Application Process
- Complete an Application Form.
- Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC) and a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC)
- Participate in training, orientation, and monitoring as determined by Quinte Skyhawks
PARENT COMMUNICATION PROCESS AND CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY
Coaches have the authority over who becomes a participant of the team, when the participant plays, or is removed from the team. The coaching staff determines coaching strategy.
- Acceptance of a position on the team includes acceptance of this policy. Therefore, these issues are not appropriate topics for parent involvement and parent discussions with coaches are discouraged.
- It is NEVER acceptable for a parent to attempt to discuss playing time with a coach during a game or practice. It is also NEVER acceptable for a parent to attempt to discuss the performance or playing time of another player.
- Any concerns should be directed to a Board of Director member or Team Manager and meetings can be scheduled to address your concerns. Contact should not be made to assistant coaches as they are relieved from meeting with parents and will simply point you toward contacting the Team Manager.
- The vast majority of player/parent concerns will be worked out at this level. If the player or parent is not satisfied with what transpired at this level, the next step will be to involve the President and the Board of Director and/or Executive Board.
Parents Attending Practice
- All practices are open to parents unless otherwise notified.
- We request that parents to stay off the field and not communicate with any players or coaches during practices. The time allocated for practice is short and all attention needs to be on practice.
- Due to the intense focus and nature of teaching required in the film room, only players and coaches will be allowed to attend film sessions and team meetings.
- When the team is doing drills in the gym parents are welcomed to sit in and observe.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
The Quinte Skyhawks members reflect a diverse set of customers, values, and points of view. As representatives of the our football organization, we require our coaches, players and families to exercise good judgment in its use of Social Media websites and conduct themselves in a responsible and respectful manner.
FIELD OF PLAY POLICY
Good sportsmanship is viewed as a commitment to fairplay, ethical behaviour and integrity. The ideals of sportsmanship apply to all activity disciplines. Individuals, regardless of their role, are expected to be aware of their influence on the behaviour of others and model good sportsmanship. Both Football Canada and the Ontario Summer Football League have established the policy that the game of football be distinguished by the quality and well mannered behaviour of its coaches, players, administrators and fans. The Skyhawks Football Organization request and expects all participants (coaches, players, administrators and fans) to follow and accept the policy through the following Code of Conduct. PLEASE REVIEW OUR CORE COVENANTS which our organization has been founded upon!
- I will remember that young people play sports for their enjoyment, not to entertain us!
- I will respect the game officials decision and will encourage all participants to do the same!
- I will respect and show appreciation to all Skyhawks participants for their commitment and dedication to providing a quality program in representing the Greater Quinte area!
- I will encourage players and coaches to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence!
- I will show respect for my teams opponents because I realize there would be no game without them!
- I will not use bad language and will not harass athletes, coaches, officials or other spectators!
- I will always show good sportsmanship since young people learn best from example!